On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 07:21 +0200, Stephan Hegel wrote:
>     ncftpget ftp.vim.org . '/pub/editors/vim/patches/7.1/7.1.*'
> fetches all patches to the local directory in one go.
>
> And it does it in a smart way, see the second try:
>     ncftpget ftp.vim.org . '/pub/editors/vim/patches/7.1/7.1.*'
>     ncftpget /pub/editors/vim/patches/7.1/7.1.*: local file appears
>        to be the same as the remote file, download is not necessary.

Hi,

A lot of the readers here als prefer lftp as good choice for ftp'ing.
Your two lines of getting the patches is indeed nice. Can also be done
with wget only. Please allow me to remind the people here on the
"getvim" script that I once wrote. It collect all patches and made one
huge patchfile out of it. Quite trivial to use.

http://www.akcaagac.com/tools/files/shell/getvim.sh

Greetings,

Ali Akcaagac