My preference goes to the v2, more concise.

> This first tip uses the Template:Tip template
> (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Tip), and the second tip
> uses
> the Template:Tip2 template
> (http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Tip2).

- Tip2 template is seems fine to me.
- Who will or how it will be decided what are the different
  'complexity' (what terms will be allowed)?
- I find little inconvenient that when I want to add a comment
  I can't have the original tip (and perhaps other comments)
  in front of my eyes (maybe to scroll it manually) but that
  may be unsolvable
- it could be useful to have a possibility to have a button
  saying 'Add a new tip' on every tip page so when I want
  to add a tip I don't have to start from a different page.
  That, too, may not be possible, correct?

> Requested Actions
> =================
>
> Please take a look at these tips, decide which one you prefer, and then
> provide constructive criticism for that tip's format.  There's no such
> thing as a dumb comment.
>
> My Two Cents
> ============
>
> I really like VimTip1_v2, which uses the Tip2 template.  Here's what I
> like:
>
> * No special formatting for commands or any other preformatted text.  I
>   think that this is an essential requirement for the initial
> conversion
>   effort.
> * Easy to read
> * Succinct

Just what I meant above.

> How do you want to handle comments?  Typically on a Mediawiki site, you
> sign you comments like so:
>
>     This is so cool! ~~~~
>     ----
>
> Which is then saved to the page like this:
>
>     This is so cool! Tpurl 15:17, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
>
> It's a little ugly, but it's the norm in the wiki world.
>
> What do you guys think?

:-) little ugly, yes. Alternatives?

The whole thing seems to really be moving now in the right
direction IMHO. Keep it up!

Cheers,

---Zdenek