Am Mittwoch, den 16.05.2007, 09:43 +0200 schrieb Zdenek Sekera:
> - Tip2 template is seems fine to me.
> - Who will or how it will be decided what are the different
>   'complexity' (what terms will be allowed)?

I also vote for v2 (though i wrote v1 :-) )

And lets dont forget, that the layout of the template can be changed
always at a later time. So its no problem if we use a suboptimal
template for the beginning ... More important is that the fields keep
consistent ...

> - I find little inconvenient that when I want to add a comment
>   I can't have the original tip (and perhaps other comments)
>   in front of my eyes (maybe to scroll it manually) but that
>   may be unsolvable
> - it could be useful to have a possibility to have a button
>   saying 'Add a new tip' on every tip page so when I want
>   to add a tip I don't have to start from a different page.
>   That, too, may not be possible, correct?

There is already a "Add Tip" Button on
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/VimTest . If you try that out, you will
find some instructions on the top. These are freely editable at
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/TipInstructions .

When using this "AddTip" approach, people have to invent their own
pagename. (autoincrementig the tip-id seems to be impossible)

Therefore, I would vote for using  tip-title == page-title and let the
categorization be done by [[Category:VimTip]]. Using Wikipedia standards
(CamelCaseIsUgly) we would get pages like "The Super Star" and we could
reuse the title in the template. We would loose the tip-id for new tips.
But that seems to be unavoidable. And what is the id good for anyways?
Using a cron job to convert tips wont work, because we have no access to
the host.

Sebastian.