Hi,

TOP POST:---------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:00 +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi vimmers:

I'll try and explain

> Slightly Off-topic, but I'm still wondering why bottom-posting is prefered
> on Vim Mainling List.

Most do, but probably shouldn't

> As far as I know, most e-mail clients defaults to top-posting (i.e. replied
> message shows before the original message), and I personally feel
> top-posting much much easier to read than bottom-posting.

Easier to read for most, easier to insert replies. Probably historical
reasons.

> Is there any point (or historic reason) choosing bottom-post ?
> --
> Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606

BOTTOM
POST:--------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:00 +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi vimmers:
>
> Slightly Off-topic, but I'm still wondering why bottom-posting is prefered
> on Vim Mainling List.

I'll try to explain

> As far as I know, most e-mail clients defaults to top-posting (i.e. replied
> message shows before the original message), and I personally feel
> top-posting much much easier to read than bottom-posting.

Most do, but probably shouldn't

> Is there any point (or historic reason) choosing bottom-post ?

Easier to read for most, easier to insert replies. Probably historical
reasons.

> --
> Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606

Which of the above is easier to read?
Which would be easier to read after several exchanges? ie you reply to
points I made, I reply back, you reply.....

cheers,

--
Mark