Folks,

In the spirit contrarianism, I'm going to top-post now.

Actually, both parts of Mark's post below were of a _third_ variety:
"interlinear comments". On many communities, this is the preferred
method, especially if the posts tend to be longish and contain many
separate points that need to be answered.

Thus, you have three choices:

  - Top-post, the default for many mail clients, as PanShiZhu notes
    Best known for inciting flame wars in some communities.

  - Bottom-post, which some say preserves the flow of conversation,
    and which happens to be the practice of this community.
    A good way to avoid flame wars on some communities.

  - Interlinear comments, which allows complex posts to be answered
    point-by-point.
    The preferred tool of flame-warriors in many communities,
    because they can show what an ass their victim is with
    pin-point precision.

Dave