On 5/28/07, Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Folks,

In the spirit contrarianism, I'm going to top-post now.

Actually, both parts of Mark's post below were of a _third_ variety:
"interlinear comments".

I disagree. Interlinear is not third variety, but a subcategory of
either top-posting, or of bottom-posting. To make it clearer:
If someone  A places his  comment *below* the quote he is
commenting on, this is bottom-posting, essentially -- although
split in pieces. If B places his comments right *above* quotes he is
commenting on, this is variant of bottom-posting.

When you are commenting on a single quote of somebody,
then what you call intelineated reduces to pure top-posting or bottom
posting.

There is yet another schol of responding, which is
to erase all previous material completely and include only
the response in the body. It can be summarised as "you
remember what you wrote, didn't you ? If you don't remember,
it's not *my* problem"

BTW since nobody interlineates his comments *above*
the quotes he's commenting on, I think this makes another
argument for bottom-posting.

Yakov