Matthew Winn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于 2007-05-29 16:10:57:
> > Write top-post or bottom-post makes no difference for me, the problem
is
> > that I found bottom-post is harder to read since I will have to skim
all
> > "original messages" before I could read the actual reply.
>
> If you have to skim a lot of text then you should be complaining about
> people not trimming. If someone bottom-posts, leaves pages of lines
> before their own message, and those lines are not necessary in order
> to establish the context of their reply, then they're not trimming
> properly.

This get to my point: is it possible to ask EVERYONE to trim correctly?
unlikely.

See, though I always do trim, I still suffered from those who do not trim
and use bottom-posting. If those who do not trim use top-posting, I'll not
suffered from the poor trim, and I can do trim myself when I reply the
message.

> > Well, since no one could convice another, I'll stick to the "community
> > rule".
> That's the wrong attitude. This is the Internet. You're supposed to
> insist that you know better than everyone else even if they've been
> using the Internet for decades, and you have loads of lurkers who
> support your point of view but they're all too scared of The Clique
> to speak up, and when you're in charge you'll Show Us All.

I feel you're talking friendly and for good. But due to my poor English
proficiency I don't seem to catch what you said.  The "community rule" in
vim ML is to do bottom-posting, so I stick to the rule even if I don't
accept it. What do you meant by "wrong attitude"? Do you mean I should
insist my top-posting when I think it is right?

PS: This Off-topic thread has been talked long and I'm sorry to bring
excess load to vim mailing list, please mail directly to me if any vimmer
friends wants to talk futher about it. Thanks.

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606