Ordinary Rydberg matter is NOT a "nanowire", the Rydberg atomic clusters
comprising X(1) are flat hexagonal pico-snoflakes.  In this X(1)
pico-snowflake, the matter is not dense - the atomic spacing is nearly
twice what it is in an ordinary molecule.  Winterberg proposes that the
snowflakes can stack into columns but I have not seen evidence of this
reported.  Holmlid proposes that the ultra-dense form of deuterium
D(-1)=D(0) is sort of a two atom tube, but there is no evidence of this
form either.  As far as I can tell, the pico-snowflake form of X(1) RM is
well reproduced, modeled and confirmed.  The ultra-dense form is just
speculation, and even the existence of the ultra-dense RM itself is on
extremely shaky, un-reproduced ground.