About education -- in a future in which the economic difficulties being
discussed are worked out to some extent, there will be a lot of free time.
Furthering one's education seems like a good way to spend some of this
time.  I suspect that education will change significantly in the next 200
years, which is not to suggest that it will be unrecognizable. But if there
is less pressure to get a job in order to survive and prosper, there may be
less pressure to obtain a bachelor's degree, in contrast to getting
specific certifications, which could potentially undercut the current
tuition inflation.

About the replacement of jobs by robots -- this is obviously happening and
will increasingly happen.  But I think the argument only goes so far.  Not
all creative jobs carried out by people will be replaced by robotic labor
(I don't think anyone is arguing the extreme version of this).  I doubt
there will ever be a time when robotic art, or music, or essays, political
analyses or high-end mandolins will ever rival the best work of humans.
This is not to say that many jobs that are currently somewhat creative will
not be replaced.

To elaborate, consider that for the last 50-60 years people have been
infatuated with fast food, which has a consistent taste and presentation
wherever you buy it.  There has been a similar uniformity in homes,
suburban neighborhoods, furniture and fruit and vegetables.  But in recent
years there has been a general reassessment of these kinds of preferences,
and people have become more willing to pay more for the hand-made and
idiosyncratic stuff.  I see this trend increasing over time.  In addition,
there are areas that people may naturally gravitate towards, such as
gardening, which, although the work could be capably carried out by a
sufficiently intelligent set of robots, people might want to do
themselves.  The main point, then, is that in an economy in which scarcity
is not a motivating factor, people will not be forced to do undignified
work.

All of that is very bright and rosy. I am pessimistic that the transition
to such a future will be a smooth and pleasant one.

Eric