> In the past, education helped because automation and robots usually
> replaced unskilled labor. I think for the next few decades they will
> continue to replace unskilled labor more quickly than skilled or
> intellectual labor. For example, self driving cars will replace taxi
> drivers.

Very interesting notice.

with intelligent bots and AI replacing office workers what you don't need
is not more educated people, because bots can be educated too .

what we need is what I see glorified those days : entrepreneur spirit,
pioneer spirit, disruptive ideas....

you cannot be smarter than a computer their way, but you can exploit them
to work for you.

future of "activity" maybe "invention of problems", assembling services,
assembling or identifying demands and needs, ...

note that if bots replace really all work, then why have money, since money
is to buy work ?
if machine can be build without money, why give a price to machine capital ?
If design can be done by machine, why would it be expensive ?

I don't beleive things will be free, but just cheaper like it happen for
food, computers, energy, ...

if really all we know today is automatised, even surgery, psychologist,
except maybe few planet-scale experts in AI then :

- what would the genious experts ask to the society tha bots will not
propose ... name that NEW SERVICE, "NS".
- then NS will be proposed by non robots who are not "experts"... they will
thus be paid by experts who will be paid for their work, that they will
obtaine from a tax on all goods. thus goods will have  price.
- people gaining money for NS, will use part of their money to pay for NS,
and for goods... but most will be for NS.
- ther will be more people offering NS to people fworking for NS
- people not working for NS will need money , not muc, to provide NS if not
toexperts but to first or second level of NS providers...

OK I stop what I describe is just an economy...

NS will be all human service that people value and that robots cannot
provide.

it is human interaction, if bots do all else.
it may also be manual made goods, considered as luxury.
it may be cultural goods, ethnic tradiction goods, and services (shox, art)
it may be talking, sex, care, advices, even if bots can give you all of
that for cheaper...
don't forget that people  were using most of their time and money just for
food... now many have gadgets, and many use tourism of leisure services.