Hello Ludwik,
No, communism was old already when introduced in Russia (even older in
Poland). However, if we stay with that side of the communism that deals
with distribution of basic needs it has it points. The problem is that it
decides that one group has too little and that that has to be justified
with all and any means. This is a different situation today and the
argument has very little traction.
I believe that one need to have a way to distribute basic needs not only
within a country but globally. Otherwise there is no way of dealing with
the future robot society. You  cannot have people in a third world country
working 70 / 80  hours per week and just get the basics if people three
hours away can work 8 hours a week for the same reward. As the world has
better communications the differences will decrease. I do not think that
such borders will survive.
I think Eric is righ;t robots will only be able/allowed to handle so much.
There will be a need for change of attitudes and valued will be based
differently. I know that people (in general), of working class 125 to 150
years ago had no ambitions to develop their personality or travel for
educational reasons. They had their day cut out trying to survive. During
this period since then we have already made great progress to offer
everyone the basic needs in the west. This development is under way at a
much higher speed in all other countries today. I predict one can live with
similar security and promise of basic needs almost anywhere in the world
within 25 years. It is possible that the direct connection between
producing and reward will to some extent survive this period. However, if
the requirement for being productive is very low, like 8 hours per week,
then this direct relation will have to change. I hope to the better.
Once again I agree with Eric that there is a big risk that the transition
will be difficult. LENR would certainly help that transition. Disturbing to
me is that even here in the west, we cannot focus on adopting the new
technologies. We are still worried over that jobs are moving to China and
India. That is instead of building new infrastructure that utilize the new
possibilities. We still think that GM and similar giant organizations will
be in the lead. We even save them when they fail because they have outlived
there usefulness. We are afraid of the change!
China and India will not stay long as the low cost labor resource. Robots
and even less fortunate areas in the world will become the future cheap
labor resource. Don't you think a Chinese will ask for the same privileges
as a US or a German citizen? Of course they will.
I could add something about, smaller and more flexible organizations all
over the field, but  . . . :)

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)