His curriculum vita: http://www.cobraf.com/forum/immagini/R_123620809_1.pdf

His registration with the Italian National Council of Engineers:
https://www.tuttoingegnere.it/PortaleCNI/it/albo_unico.wp;jsessionid=2B2157893F630F8D03291BDA1DDD3B14.tomcatprogetti?internalServletFrameDest=8&internalServletActionPath=/ExtStr2/do/ricercaRegistro/dettaglio.action&log=false&idDettaglio=FABIO.PENON.PD2311

Mr Beene may be posing an equivalence being a Professional Engineer
and being a mechanic.

If I were to criticize Ing. Penon's credentials, it would be that he
appears to spend a lot of time doing management consulting and not
reading gauges. Not exactly "glorified mechanics".

-- ST