From: Bob Higgins<mailto:rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 10:08 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com<mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Q and A with Parkhomov regarding his latest presentation

You missed my point - and, of course, I could have said it better.  The
problem is that a failed quasi-replication (Ahern's experiment was FAR from
replication) does not mean the reaction does not work.  It means the
experimenter failed to adequately replicate variables that were important,
about which little or nothing may have been reported.  Also, just because a
single experiment with LAH or LAD fails to produce XH, does not mean that
it is not possible to get XH from that system.  You would like someone
successful with LAH to evaluate the enrichment with LAD - that would be
Parkhomov, not Ahern.

It was failed quasi-replications of F&P that sent the whole field into a
tailspin.  There were eventually things that could be learned from those
experiments, but initial conclusions from them were totally wrong.  The
answer is not going to be found in just a single experiment.

I am not against quasi-replications, just against drawing false conclusions
from them.