Craig Haynie <cchayniepub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But this is the point: You can't prove that we live in an Objective
> Universe. You can't prove that you're not in some computer simulation . . .

True. But you don't have to prove it. You just have to show it is very
likely, with the fewest entities (Ockham's razor). Science is not about
absolutes, or perfect assurance.

Some philosophers of science go so far as to say that whether something is
objectively true in the real world does not even matter, as long as it is
true as far as you can tell, or more true than any rival hypothesis. You
can't tell if it is "really" true, and it doesn't matter. True enough is
good enough.