Whether PdD can fuel the future is maybe a premature question.
I see PdD as a lab-rat technology to investigate the phenomenon and build a
theory.

Once we have the theory, guessing from what I see already, I feel that Pd
won't be required, and could be replaced by nanostructured material...
other metal, alloys, graphene-like structures, why not enzyms, dirty
plasmas, could be more performant.

I compare the situation to the one on semiconductors before we have a
theory.
Germanium, lead oxydes, were the first PN/shottky junctions to works, but
we evolved quickly from germanium, to silicon, then III-V cmpounds
(AsGa,InAs, GaN,...) then SiGe, diamonds...
and technology from junction transitors, to planar, ICs, bipolar to JFET,
MOSFET, VMOS, IGBT... (I'm mixing applications)

just expect the same for LENR

When I was kid I was playing with LED less efficient than incandescent
lamps, no blue... My firs blue les when young adult were so expensive and
weak...
White was pipedream for long.