Alain Sepeda wrote:

Whether PdD can fuel the future is maybe a premature question.
I see PdD as a lab-rat technology to investigate the phenomenon and build a theory.

Once we have the theory, guessing from what I see already, I feel that Pd won't be required, and could be replaced by nanostructured material... other metal, alloys, graphene-like structures, why not enzyms, dirty plasmas, could be more performant.

This is accurate insight with the proviso that palladium could still be required, even with graphene, but possibly optimized as much as twenty-fold.

One major problem is that there is no systematic plan to integrate past results and move forward in an optimized and well-funded way. IH could have been that vehicle, had Rossigate not happened.

For instance there is good evidence that deuterium loading correlates with excess heat, and actual proof that an alloy of 95% nickel and 5% palladium loads more deuterium than palladium alone (from Ahern's Arata replication). Yet few are aware of this detail - and no supplier offers the optimized 95/5 alloy for purchase. I would bet that no one in the field is currently using this finding.

In the case of an alloy containing only a small Pd percentage, the rarity and high cost of palladium is marginalized.