At 10:56 AM 11/19/2009, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Valid, schmalid. It is just silly. If they don't want to believe this is a genuine document, that's their problem. They will never allow a link to a document like this anyway. They can't link to my copy (Wikipedia automatically rejects links to LENR-CANR.org) and they wouldn't want to link to Krivit's copy.

They can link to Krivit's copy. I got newenergytimes.com delisted, it had only been locally blacklisted.

If the only copy were at lenr-canr.org, it could be whitelisted. I'm not banned from meta, and I do intend to go there and request delisting of lenr-canr.org. I just haven't gotten around to it. It's not like Wikipedia is this big priority for me any more....

The latest comments on the wikipedia talk page are a little bit confusing,
to say the least.

They are. That's because Krivit uploaded a short message from the DIA to him, and to me, actually, asking us to remove the copy. That's kind of embarrassing and I was hoping the subject would not come up. Apparently it was not slated for full release until yesterday afternoon. I thought it was okay to upload. The cover letter said: "The paper is unclassified so feel free to forward it to whomever you think would be interested . . ." So I figured that's everyone in the world. I uploaded and informed the author. As I noted here, I asked the DIA for a better copy in Acrobat text format.

Cool.

Anyway, yesterday before lunch they told me it was not fully, 100% released yet so please remove it. After lunch they sent another message saying don't worry, everything is fine now, leave it. That message was copied to various people in the DIA so I am sure it is okay.

(By the way, they said they can't provide it in Acrobat text format. A shame.)

Can they provide it in any text format at all? What century is this?

In any case, the information we'd want is how a member of the public can obtain a copy of this document. Personally, I'm totally satisfied. I was worried, in fact, that it might not have been officially released yet, and it seems that concern wasn't entirely misplaced. But that problem seems to be over. And, surely, our intrepid reporter at New Energy Times will want to know and report how an interested member of the public can obtain their very own official copy. Or do they have to file an FIA request?