On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson
<orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

> Personally, I might be inclined to be more in sympathy with Mark's valiant
> defensive of Steorn's plan-of-action if it was clear that Mark had performed
> equivalent "due diligence" on these kinds of controversial OU claims as
> Terry has performed, such as on the Sprain project. It bears repeating that
> Terry diligently reported back to the Vort Collective insofar as the NDA he
> signed with Sprain allowed him to do. (Of course, this is where Mark can
> educate us on what controversial OU related projects he may have worked on.
> This is where Mark can educate us on why we might wish to take his defense
> of Steorn more seriously.) In the meantime it bears repeating that Terry
> eventually found himself in the unpleasant position of having to be the
> harbinger of bad news. Apparently, Sprain responded by ostracizing Terry
> from the group when he finally realized that Sprain's claims of OU were
> inaccurate. What is clear to me, what should be clear to everyone on the
> Vort Collective is that Terry's criticisms of Steorn's behavior are not
> based on overconfidence or arrogance as Mark would like to everyone to
> believe. Terry's perceptions are certainly not "clueless."

Have you considered running for judge?

Iverson chapped my ass popping in here with his statement on 1-16-10:

"If you armchair skeptics spent as much time reading the Steorn forum
or Overunity.com, as guessing
and speculating and accusing here, you just might have a different opinion. "

I don't know of many "armchair skeptics" on this list unless they are lurking.

As for Sprain, he and I are still good friends.  It was the company
that owned his IP that had to be convinced.  I do have permission to
totally disclose the happenings; but, it has to be approved by the
board of governors.  It's actually a difficult story to write.  One
day.

Mechanical energy calculations are tricky.  It took me over a year to
fully understand what is meant by the term torque.  Would you believe
that it doesn't actually exist?

Anyway, thanks for clarifying things, Steven.  I'll try to be less
defensive in the future.