Agreed, but the pollution you mention might be a poison to the reaction that
lowers the catalytic power - threads this week about optimum ratios of
copper and Ni in a 2/3 to 1/3 ratio suggest the "recharge" may be only to
keep this ratio optimized. Eventually the control loop may eliminate all
transmutations and the need to recharge. Presently the system has to endure
some hysteresis inside a small window between run-away and cut-off and I
think this determines the extent of any radiation and transmutation. If the
run-away can be minimized beneath the levels needed for LENR you may avoid
both the radiation and the damage to the geometry. Other posts suggested
alternate paths such as chromium alloys that might achieve similar energy
levels -I think other alloy paths should exist and we may need to identify
harder, higher temperature metal powders to enlarge the usable window before
destructive runaway.

Fran

Re: [Vo]:Is the Rossi Reactor a Langmuir Torch

Terry Blanton
Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:15:43 -0800

Bloody hell.  If the reactor works by the oscillation of hydrogen

between molecular and atomic states, the only reason to have to

service the reactor is the depletion of hydrogen through the reactor

walls or some type of pollution occurring in the reaction.

It makes a large difference in the economics if you really don't need

to service the reactor every six months.  That could be a financial

ruse.