Jones,

On your first point -

"Electron Capture" events [energy+p+e --> n+v] occur in the nucleus
and respect conservation laws.  Are we sure they cannot also occur in
extremely energetic complex plasmons?

On your second point - Energy must come from somewhere.

The formulas in the two papers I referenced show that conduction
electrons in nano-circuits can acquire far more momentum, inertial
mass and potential magnetic energy than in macro-circuits.

This is why I suggested that the electroweak barrier might be
surmounted by direct conversion of magnetic potential energy by an
ampere "pinching" together of an e-p pair - bypassing conversion
of magnetic-to-kinetic energy.

After all, exchanging electrostatic potential energy with
gravitional potential energy at slow speeds is easy.

The ampere force on an e-p plasmon pair is exerted by magnetic coupling to
millions of electrons.  Maybe an good analogy would be an arrow.  Only the
tip's electrostatic coupling to the rest of the arrow gives it piercing
power.

BTW, I am not sure of any of the above. Just speculating.
I welcome corrections.

Thanks for the reply,
Lou Pagnucco