A WORD PRESS question for Jed,

I'm still reviewing the pros & cons of using "WORD PRESS". I'm
seriously leaning towards using it. It looks like my web host provider
supports it. Just about every provider does! WORD PRESS is very
popular.

I'm still a little puzzled over what options are available as to WHERE
one edits personal content prior to publishing material out on the
web.

It looks to me like WORD PRESS is set up such that the preferred (or
default) way of editing personal content is through the use of one's
favorite web browser, where one actually performs the raw editing of
personal content (pages) on-line. Is this the only way... the
preferred way to edit personal content destined to be published in the
WORD PRESS universe? I'm wondering... can one perform most of the
major editing on one's home PC and then ftp/upload the finished
content after most of the fixes have been completed? Does one
accomplish this by running a http://localhost web server on one's own
machine at home?

I'm used to editing everything on my home PC. I then use a FTP
protocol that automatically transfers only the updated files to the
host provider. This, of course, makes sense when one is managing a web
site populated with oodles of static html pages. WORD PRESS, OTOH,
dynamically generates all content on the fly.

New concept.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com