just to quote Larsen in his cite:
- He criticize the ide that He4 is trapped, and an ad hoc excuse
- he claims that some transmutation cycle produce much more coherent
energry by He4 than DD fusion

you can fin their reasoning in
http://www.slideshare.net/lewisglarsen/lattice-energy-llctechnical-overviewcarbon-seed-lenr-networkssept-3-2009
page 25+
with page 34 summarizing their interpretation of McKrubre results...
they claim it works better than DD hypothesis+leak excuse.