To get a idea about the speed of the proton, it might be possible to make a
comparison with the speed of the neutron at various temperature. This might
be OK because the proton and the neutron are about the same size and
weight. The neutron is just a proton and an electron together…Right!

2000K – hot - 7060 meters/second

330K – room temperature- 2870 M/S

20K – Real cold -  706 M/S