Since the subject of economics has come I recommend this lecture by
Guy Standing.

The Precariat: The new dangerous class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJt-5i_dls
Labour economist Professor Guy Standing identifies one of the alarming
impacts of globalisation on the labour market; the rise of a new class
of insecure workers - the precariat. He calls for governments
world-wide to address the inequalities this new class suffer from, as
we can't sustain what is happening without major threats along the
way.

He is an economist and has studied the effect of trade liberalisation
on labour over the last 30 years and
advocates a basic income for everyone. He uses the marxian concepts of
a class for itself and a class in the making,
and identifies the precariat as a class in the making.

He answers five questions that structure his book: 1) What is the
precariat? 2) Why care about it? 3) Why is it growing? 4) Who is in
the precariat? 5) and where is it taking us as society?

He breaks society down into 5 classes.
at the top are the super rich

1. elite (super rich).
2. salariat