On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Guenter Wildgruber <gwildgru...@ymail.com>
 wrote:

As I tried to explain: 400++ degC is a domain where recrystallization
> occurs. this is not your comfortable home-temperature.
> See 'the laws of recrystallization', subtopic  -- Laws of
> recrystallization --
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recrystallization_(metallurgy)

In this discussion I think it's important to separate three related but
distinct questions:

   - Does Andrea Rossi's new model operate at or above 600 C?
   - Is it possible under any circumstance for an NiH system to operate at
   or above 600 C?
   - Is an Ni + H reaction the main one responsible for heat in an NiH
   system?

I have no strong opinions on any of these questions.  I will be anxious to
see independent confirmation of a positive answer to the first one if such
becomes possible in the near term.

I would be surprised if the answer to the second question were
unequivocally negative; it is possible to think up scenarios in which the
nuclear active environment rarely reaches the melting point of nickel, even
with a low-grade reaction proceeding.

Eric