what is said in the article is that Enron bosses where so sure theiy were
right, while at teh same time acting like bandits, so that the both have
stolen the pension fund, yet kept their shares in their bankrupted company.

ins science I've recently seen similar fraud, for the sake of good,"because
we ar right and opponents are not honest... but we will finally win".
and when they are toasted, the moan that they are victims of lobbies.

in psychiatry there is a psychosis pathology called (french) "Clivage"
(mean breaking cleanly, like a gem) that allow one person to ignore she is
lying to herself, yet at the same time she do everything to avoid being
confronted to the reality, including fraud and lies.