I agree,  just one micro void collapse triggering a flash of ultra hot
radiation as the condensate restabilizes or evaporates completely.  The
more voids of the correct size the more the effect is seen.

The "up pumping"  could be the added energy from quantum scale gravity
further collapsing the Rydberg or other condensed matter in the void until
their is a local void collapse to release the energy.

 We use gravity in the macro world as a "pump" for power generation, why
not quantum gravity.  In the macro world anytime you pump pressurized, hot
condensate through an orifice you will flash heat on the low pressure side.
 The hot BEC/super atoms/matter might be flashing matter to
radiation(hawking or similar) whenever the hot, compressed and collapsed
BEC condensate within the enclosed void sees a drop in pressure/temp

In order to trigger fusion you need intense radiation/heat in the millions
of degrees.  Evaporation of collapsed  matter is one of the only ways of
getting you there...