The experiments led by Randall Hulet at Rice University from 1995 through
2000 showed that lithium condensates with attractive interactions could
stably exist, but only up to a certain critical atom number. Beyond this
critical number, the attraction overwhelmed the zero-point energy of the
harmonic confining potential, causing the condensate to collapse in a burst
reminiscent of a supernova explosion where an explosion is preceded by an
implosion. By quench cooling the gas of lithium atoms, they observed the
condensate to first grow, and subsequently collapse when the critical
number was exceeded.
When the JILA team raised the magnetic field strength still further, the
condensate suddenly reverted back to attraction, imploded and shrank beyond
detection, and then exploded, expelling off about two-thirds of its 10,000
or so atoms. About half of the atoms in the condensate seemed to have
disappeared from the experiment altogether, not being seen either in the
cold remnant or the expanding gas
cloud.[13]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose%E2%80%93Einstein_condensate#cite_note-nobel-12>
 Carl Wieman <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Wieman> explained that
under current atomic theory this characteristic of Bose–Einstein condensate
could not be explained because the energy state of an atom near absolute
zero should not be enough to cause an implosion; however, subsequent mean
field theories have been proposed to explain it. The atoms that seem to
have disappeared almost certainly still exist in some form, just not in a
form that could be accounted for in that experiment. Most likely they
formed molecules consisting of two bonded rubidium
atoms.[20]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose%E2%80%93Einstein_condensate#cite_note-19>
 The energy gained by making this transition imparts a velocity sufficient
for them to leave the trap without being detected.

Quantum gravitational triggered explosion/evaporation of matter triggering
intense supernova level heat triggering secondary fusion and fission events
in nearby matter? I realize temperatures are much lower but within a
compressed void the external pressures are much higher...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose–Einstein_condensate