Mark Gibbs <mgi...@gibbs.com> wrote:

How disappointing. Once again, it looks like yet more "jam tomorrow".

It takes a long time to do research. Months and months to set up an
experiment. You have to live with that. It is like building a house with 2
or 3 people, or writing a million-line computer program. If you had any
idea how difficult it is, you would be amazed at how quickly they do it,
and how much progress they have made. As I said at ICCF17, by the standards
of plasma fusion or cancer research, cold fusion research has been going on
for one day so far. *One day*. That is how much money and how many
man-hours we have expended. How much progress does plasma fusion or cancer
research make in a single day?

I have been hearing from Godes on and off for about a year. I knew that SRI
was collaborating informally with them. They finally got funded and now
they can afford a formal collaboration. SRI never works for free. They are
stepping up the pace. What more can you ask for?

Do you expect 2 people working on a shoestring to do this at a magically
fast pace? Setting up and running an experiment is painstaking, time
consuming work.

So, there aren't enough details in the paper for you chaps to theorize what
> the actual physical test set up consisted of?

It is an Ni-H experiment with flow calorimetry. The details are a
commercial secret, obviously. They are not going to give away intellectual
property worth billions of dollars! When the U.S. Patent Office decides to
allow cold fusion patents we will begin to learn the details. Not before
that. I do not know anyone willing to give away billions of dollars just to
satisfy other people's curiosity.

> Also, it's odd that other than in the paper's URL on
> http://newenergytimes.com/ the document isn't dated (in fact the only
> date I noticed in it is "1992" embedded in the URL of a citation).

This is the ICCF17 submission. It is a rough draft. I plan to upload the
final version to LENR-CANR.org.