now who engages on what level:

To be provocative:
SRI/McKubre is somewhere at level (a) to (b), less so at (c).
Here commmercial -ahem- 'secrets' seem to set in.
And when SRI does this, it puts itself outside the scientific method of
rigorous interpersonal replication.
It is of no help to produce youtube videos which show this or that.
Youtube is not yet part of the scientific method, as far as I know.

The LENR-field has yet to prove its adherence to the scientific method, and not
to sell snake-oil to the hopefuls, who seem to want to warm their feet by hope,
not evidence.

To discard this, or mix up categorials -as I am afraid Jed does- is dangerous!
PROOF is INTERGROUP proof without any doubt about methods and results.
I/we have yet to find that PROOF.
There is none yet.
Which is:
i) produce an evidence, revealing ALL methods used.
ii) reproduce this evidence by a COMPLETELY independent group, with ALL those
methods used.

This should be the basis of any hypothesizing/theoretisizing.
Right?

Guenter