Godes probably wouldn't agree. Fwiw, he seems to be an advocate of an
electron capture kind of hypothesis as opposed to a fusion kind of
hypothesis.

Electron capture hypotheses roughly substitute the miracle of coming up
with a missing ~0.8MeV (along with some quantum mumbo jumbo) for the
miracle of crossing the Coulomb barrier (and a different set of quantum
mumbo jumbo). Sorry to anyone I might offend with this offhand comment.  ;-)

>From what little he says, his views seems distinct from Widom-Larson.  This
was discussed in the group recently.

Jeff