At 08:29 PM 9/23/2012, Eric Walker wrote:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 6:00 PM, David Roberson <<mailto:dlrober...@aol.com>dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

At the moment my hydrogen loading system is taking 1 amp at about 20 volts.  The voltage reading varies greatly depending upon the spacing between the electrodes as expected with a resistive electrolyte.

I'm enjoying the crazy tabletop experiment a little more than I should.

Let's see -- a nickel coin, pencil lead, borax ...  Maybe you can work out and document a simple protocol for others, and then do large run of the experiments, and, using statistical analysis, show that there's a significant difference in the integrated temperature series in the cell with the nickel versus the cell with the pencil lead.  Just for fun, you could use a simple mercury thermometer rather than something fancy; there would be no end to the amusement if LENR could be convincingly established using stuff that can be found in one's home.Â

Sure. It's not very likely, though. Still, trying stuff is fun, and you never can tell what you will find.

Be careful. You are evolving hydrogen, which is, of course, flammable. I don't think that nickel loads much hydrogen, but I do suggest treating it as flammable. So if you heat it, be prepared for it to start to burn furiously. That would definitely happen with palladium.