You performed some interesting experiments Chuck.  I am always amazed at what
can be done with minimum equipment when someone is curious and inventive.  You
seem to have run into a lot of the issues that I am facing, but that is the way
to learn.

The P&F effect leaves me asking similar questions.  Why the long time period
before LENR is demonstrated; I hope it is not just to discourage researchers.
Anyhow, when Celani found that a wire with a large proportion of copper to
nickel demonstrated LENR activity, then the US nickel became a natural
substitute.  Who would have guessed that anyone within the government was
thinking that far ahead? :-)

Last evening my pencil lead carbon electrode tip took a turn for the worse.
For some reason it either burned up under cover of the electrolyte or reacted
with released oxygen to disappear.  I initially assumed that the table was
jarred and caused it to break off so I moved the connection further to expose
new carbon.  This arrangement seemed to work for a long time so I let it
continue to operate.  A bit later, the tip was gone again and I started to
wonder why.  The lead was fed further and the burn out came quicker until it
was time to quit for the evening.

Today, I put a new pencil lead into position, added additional water to the
electrolyte and also increased the amount of sodium carbonate to the solution
until some of the crystals were left un dissolved.  My operational theory is
that the electrolysis depleted the solution and left a reactive mix that eats
carbon.  The new addition of material should eliminate this behavior if my
theory is correct and the experiment is in progress.  Does anyone have actual
knowledge of the situation?

Chuck your discussion of the surface pressure is quite interesting and I am
hoping that it will cause the copper-nickel alloy to develop surface cracks
that might behave as NAE after enough time has elapsed.  Thus far the nickel
surface appears shiny and smooth to the "nuked" (naked) eyes.  I am not aware
of the appearance of a metallic surface which has nano sized blemishes.

I am using a laboratory quality power supply for my experiments.  Many years
ago I used one of these exact supplies to design radio components and bought it
at auction when the company where I once worked decided to eliminate excess old
equipment.   It has short circuit current setting ability as well as open
circuit voltage adjustment so I have excellent control over the current being
drawn by my experiment.  You could have used something such as this when you
were destroying materials and transformers.

Dave