If it does not show up, how could it be measured?

Actually, this can be accomplished in an interesting sort of way with the
program.  On occasions I intentionally restrict the range of data used in the
optimizer.   If I want to concentrate upon the rising edge fit, then I do not
include the later data in the LMS routine.  The output of my optimized
variables contains one that corresponds to the input power.  This usually
matches up to within .2 watts or so and I know at that point that the fast
acting effects are taken into account.  Now, as time progresses and you look at
the error data, you will see any tendency for the excess power to change.  It
could ramp up or down or stay the same.

If instead you are interested in the best overall long term fit to the data,
then you can restrict the optimizer input to include the later data to the end
of the run if you wish.  For this type of test, I leave all of the time
variables as well as the initial power set (Kint) fixed and just optimize the
Pin.  This would muck up the match for fast acting processes, but concentrate
on the long term behavior of the cell.  Once optimized, the Pin will indicate
the effective input power which includes any excess power being generated by
LENR.  If the error is now flat and you see that Pin is not what you actually
know is being applied to the cell, then you have something going on.

This simulates what you are thinking I believe.  It allows me to concentrate on
short term effects or long term effects depending upon my expectations.

Dave