Jones--

It seems to me that the important magnetic field for LENR purposes should be
the B field as defined and employed in Maxwell’s theory of E&M.  The “gauss”
field referred to in the items below apply to a measured magnetic field in air
I believe.  There is very little magnetic susceptibility for air.  Thus the
field is practically the H field in Maxwell’s theory.

The B field considering the susceptibility of the material which exists within
a material can be considerably different from the external H field produced by
an electric coil of wires.  Ni could produce very substantial B fields as we
have discussed on this blog in the past.

In summary I doubt that the magnetic field of a few hundred gauss is what iss
important, helical or not at the reaction site.

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail