Rossi must be spending a ton of time trying to protect his intellectual
property with some sort of auto self-destruct process to prevent reverse
engineering.

The best way to stop reverse engineering is to provide a complicated eprom
based control system what will auto erase when the reactor is opened. Much
can be learned from crypto machine technology in support of reverse
engineering prevention.

http://www.digikey.com/us/en/techzone/lighting/resources/articles/secure-microcontrollers-keep-data-safe.html