The hot-cat contains two interrelated systems elements: the mouse and the
cat.

The mouse is based on the original system’s design that Rossi tried to
interest DGT in. It got into control problems when it got too hot but it
was stable at low output (COP) levels.

The mouse is driven by a primary resistance heater. And I speculate that it
is most productive at a resonant temperature of which there may be many
levels in the NiH design.

The H-Cat is driven by the mouse and its resonant temperature is different
than the temperature that the mouse operates at. I suspect that there is a
differing micro-particles diameter sizes in the cat and the mouse to
support differing resonant temperatures.

The cat and mouse technology is a two stage system that features differing
temperatures to enable controllability.
The mouse is driven at high temperatures but has a marginal COP to provide
control through temperature stability through low COP. To provide good
controllability, the cat has a high gain but the mouse provides a
decoupling between the high temperature primary electrical heating drive
element and high thermal gain of the cat.

The mouse may also provide hydride based hydrogen production and
reabsorption based on temperature.