If a reaction with a virtual particle is involved, the virtual particle
will provide the counter momentum in the instantaneous period of time while
it is in existence.

Then the virtual particle will disappear  back into the vacuum. The vacuum
will then absorb the counter force. It will appear that there is no counter
momentum produced  but it is did exist, and not apparent because it
was absorbed  by a seemingly  invisible particle.