I was not aware of Poher, but given that shouldn't Morton be considered a
further and earlier verification of this effect?

Sure it might be harder to directly replicate his results, but the same
force from an asymmetrical spark discharge was noted.

It might also be worth noting Piggot:
http://www.rexresearch.com/piggott/piggott.htm