It looks like I can answer my own question.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20140006052.pdf

Thrust was observed on both test
articles, even though one of the test articles was designed with the
expectation that it would not produce
thrust. Specifically, one test article contained internal physical
modifications that were designed to produce
thrust, while the other did not (with the latter being referred to as the
“null” test article).