Actually, my use of the term 'equilibrium' is probably technically
incorrect in this situation since they say the systems they study are
non-equilibrium stationary systems.  What I mean is that if enough time
passed then any heat associated with absorption would spread throughout the
system and not be capable of maintaining a temperature difference.

More recently they claim to be able to do it now at room temperature and
produce a bigger temperature difference:
http://jointheparadigm.com/epicatalysis-at-room-temperature-preliminary-results/
However their recently observed temperature difference of 0.1C is still
small when compared to so called "cold fusion" systems.

Harry