Some examples to illustrate.

On 01/16/2013 02:25 PM, Quim Gil wrote:
Smaller activities and more frequent. Each one of them less ambitious
but more precise. Not requiring by default the involvement of developer
teams. Especially not requiring the involvement of WMF dev teams.

Imagine this wheel:

Week 1: manual testing (Chris)

If there are no priorities ripe for sprint at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Features_testing

then an idea could be to help commits waiting (and waiting) to be reviewed in Gerrit. Collaborating with the authors, we could test those fixes and features in fresh installs at Labs and bring first hand feedback to the related bug reports as a way to help reviewers.

We could even help testing projects at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Review_queue

The organization of this week could be done by
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Groups/Proposals/Features_testing

Week 2: fresh bugs (Andre)

I don't think Andre will have problems finding tasks for this. But again, if the top priority, WMF lead projects are well covered then we can help and involve others e.g. interesting extensions.

Organized by
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Groups/Proposals/Bug_Squad

Week 3: browser testing (Željko)

As long as there is a backlog at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/Test_backlog it should be easy for Željko to decide what comes next. Having the backlog empty would be a nice problem to have, but if that happens I'm sure we will find areas to fill it up.

Organized by
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Groups/Proposals/Browser_testing

Week 4: rotten bugs (Valerie)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Community_metrics/December_2012#Stalled suggests that we won't have problems finding tasks any time soon...