On 01/25/2013 03:27 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 16:34 -0800, Quim Gil wrote:
Some examples to illustrate.

Week 2: fresh bugs (Andre)

I don't think Andre will have problems finding tasks for this. But
again, if the top priority, WMF lead projects are well covered then we
can help and involve others e.g. interesting extensions.

Please help me to better understand this.
Do you maybe have in mind something like "Reports filed in the last four
weeks that have not seen a response yet"? That would make sense.

These weekly goals are well defined and measurable activities focusing
on reaching out to, engaging and hopefully retaining new contributors.

Semi-fictional examples for inspiration:

* There is plenty of feedback related to the Mobile Beta in Bugzilla and a dozen Wikipedia community portals. Let's make sure that the legitimate reports are all filed in Bugzilla and properly prioritized.

* The last major release of the Wikipedia Mobile app got a buch of feedback at the App Store, Google Play and some community portals. Let's go through all that and let's try to engage the best people offering feedback so we can involve them in future betas and explain how to report a bug.

* The Wikivoyage / Wikidata launches generated plenty of feedback spread all over (including enhancement requests) with a lot of potential for triaging and educating reporters. Let's do it together with the voyage and data lovers!

* The last MediaWiki version has been released and we got a wave of feedback. Let's go through it (including enhancement requests).

* Let's look at the last 3 months of enhancement requests and see what really needs more eyeballs and a push to actual implementation, especially if the person proposing is offering help doing the actual work.

But really "fresh" bugs need to be triaged on a ~daily basis anyway.

Of course, but this is no different for the rest of QA areas.

At the end each area should have at least

* Priorities where you are working on a regular basis.
* DIY activities any volunteer can take by themselves anytime.
* A monthly activity = weekly goal.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation