Status Update:

I switched to development on a virtual machine to avoid settings conflicts with my main computers and to allow easy reverts.

I'm able to build my own Strawberry! I am using the -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ switches ( I think that's what I need), but with Strawberry, other switches seem to be turned on that negate those switches (-shared-libgcc comes to mind). I need to see where that's set. Of course each test takes a few hours! :)

I'm also trying to build a standard perl using the Strawberry setup... I ran into problems with some modules, but that may be have been due to conflicts on my main computer. I haven't tried it in the Virt yet.

Unfortunately, life has been busy so I haven't had that much time to play, but I wanted to give you guys an update.

The Strawberry build process is amazing.. great job guys!

Robert