Thierry Koblentz wrote:
I would appreciate your feedback so I can improve this article: http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/branching.asp

The idea is good, but it's a bit incomplete at the moment.

I have yet to see a "good" browser with "solid" CSS support, so I don't
think we can say completely "no to CSS hacks" anytime soon. But of
course; this depends on how we define "hacks", so it's well worth trying.

I find the extensive use of @import from within documents a bit
code-heavy and limiting.
Would like to see variations that'll lead to the same, more or less,
hack-free results.

I prefer to do as much @import branching as I can from within the
stylesheets, and use link elements in the document-head. One set of
@import in CSS is easier to maintain than having them spread across
several hundred pages.

My approach is also to style all media separately - including the use of
@media, and use as few cross-media styles as possible. That's another
way to avoid both hacks and browser-bugs.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no