Bret Pettichord wrote:
> Christopher Rasch wrote:
>> I'm looking forward to ... better support for modal_dialogs on the
supported platforms.
> Nothing is planned in this area. What were you hoping for?
>
> Bret

Well, ultimately, I want to be able to handle any popup that the browser
throws up: attach to it, manipulate it, etc.     My understanding is
that better modal dialog support is  one of the new features of Watir
1.5.  See here:

http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Watir+1.5+Summary

And here:

Deliver new DLL that allows us to access DOM embedded in modal web dialogs
http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR-14

WIN32OLE patch for Modal Web Dialog Support
http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR-2

 Provide cleaner interface and more reliable support for modal windows
dialogs (i.e. replace winClicker.rb)
http://jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR-4

Since integration of the various watirs is also part of the roadmap, I
expect that some of the better modal dialog support will also be
migrated to the other watir flavors.   Perhaps I have the wrong impression?

Chris