Hi,

Could I use MMX assembly for improving the mga video driver? I wrote a
vertical chrominance filter (*) for the XVideo module using inline MMX
assembly. This allows me to improve output quality without any speed penalty.

Of course, I'm using "#ifdef USE_MMX_ASM" and the original C code as an
alternative for other CPU architectures. Runtime detection of MMX support is
not included yet, but will be added if MMX is allowed.

Thanks in advance,

ewald

(*) This fixes red blockiness (2x2 pixels) for DVD/MPEG movies (attachment).