At 11:26 AM 4/01/02 +0100, Ewald Snel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Could I use MMX assembly for improving the mga video driver? I wrote a
>vertical chrominance filter (*) for the XVideo module using inline MMX
>assembly. This allows me to improve output quality without any speed penalty.

It would be interesting to see if the same could be achieved with 3DNow!
instructions, as this would provide a welcome boost for anyone with an AMD
K6-2 or K6-3 or any of the other 3DNow! capable CPU's. I'm sure there are
also a number of other platforms that could use in-line assembly to do the
same (eg: PPC/Altivec).

Out of interest, how much in-line assembly code are you referring to?
Anywhere some of us can get a look-see?

Stuart Young - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(aka Cefiar) - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
[own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]