> At 11:26 AM 4/01/02 +0100, Ewald Snel wrote:

(sorry for the duplicate message, it was delayed for one week (see date))

[...]

> It would be interesting to see if the same could be achieved with 3DNow!
> instructions, as this would provide a welcome boost for anyone with an AMD
> K6-2 or K6-3 or any of the other 3DNow! capable CPU's. I'm sure there are

Using MMX will benefit any CPU capable of MMX instructions, including AMD K6,
K6-2, K6-3 and Athlon/Duron processors. That's why I did not use SSE or
3DNow!.

> also a number of other platforms that could use in-line assembly to do the
> same (eg: PPC/Altivec).
>
> Out of interest, how much in-line assembly code are you referring to?
> Anywhere some of us can get a look-see?

Here's an image of what it looks like ...
http://rambo.its.tudelft.nl/~ewald/xfree86-chrominance-filter.jpg

And here are some patches ...
http://rambo.its.tudelft.nl/~ewald/

bye,