On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 11:26:02AM +0100, Ewald Snel wrote:
> Could I use MMX assembly for improving the mga video driver? I wrote a
> vertical chrominance filter (*) for the XVideo module using inline MMX
> assembly. This allows me to improve output quality without any speed penalty.

BTW - does anyone know why the mga driver internally converts to 422
format ? It seems to me that mga 400 and 450 chips do support 420
planar format... (I saw some sample code using it, I can probably find
it back if needed). I think XFree would benefit from using this
feature instead of converting to nonplanar 422.

Cheers,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
Is this the best that god can do ? Then I'm not impressed.